I LOVE US EVEN WHEN WE DON'T

People mock USA Black Folk ethnic pride because we have no land and flag. They love our style, though.
I love our style...THE MOST. I don't minimize it to big up other peoples, I don't exaggerate their contributions to "open bridges". The word of the day is reciprocation. I was born where I was born, that's what I am. YOU love it, too, look at your gear, listen to your musical choices, and even the choices of folks that make music in y'all lil home countries. Cultural exchange goes ONE WAY. Our style is just that dope. If it offends you that I DEFEND IT, just know I go way harder in person. This didn't matter to me until I moved to another country and realized I was a ONE OF ONE...There aren't enough of us up here to "matter" like that. You wouldn't be able to tell by how some of these folks dress and talk tho... 🤔🤔
I was constantly reminded by other groups of black folks: "We not the same because we look the same. I'm from here we are (blank) and we eat (blank)..." GOOD FOR YOU. RESPECT MY CULTURE, it's not just a consumer commodity for other people. It's as important to me as y'all lil music is to you. Ok? Great.
When I do the same, these folks act like it hurts them deep inside. Kinda like the female response when I reveal convenient truths about their subculture...
The psychology behind it is disappointing.
PS: These long ass posts serve a purpose.

Comments